Where do broken hearts go?

Awaken all night, I burnt myself in desire,
In heist to find my heart with peace,
When they say, God do justice and answer prayers,
When they don't have a song to sing or have a prayer.
When your heart is bare,
Where do broken hearts go?


When your heart has been ripped,
Out of your chest and stomped on.
When your body goes numb and you can no longer care.
Where do broken hearts go?


To shun themselves, away from the rest of the world
When they're all alone and can't stand to go on.

And think...think... think...think.
Thinking why?
Why would this person want to deliberately hurt me?
Was it something I did? Something I said?


How could they do this to me?
Then the depression turns to RAGE.
YOU FEEL BETRAYED…..

What does forever mean to you?
When you couldn’t even keep it true
You said were you’d forever be there
But were those just words pulled from thin air?


Did you actually love me?
Did you really see the feelings I see?
The truth, the love, the loyal tears
The betrayal, hate, and the fear


I thought you felt the same
That you would cover me in the rain
I thought forever and always was forever
But now there’s not an us…never


You said you’d always be there for me
But now I truly see
That you never saw the feelings in my soul
Now you’ve pierced my heart with a hole


But my heart has healed
Now I have friends that are real
And you're gone out of my life


Unable to pierce me with the heartbreaking knives
I thought forever was forever not just a word
But I guess that’s not what I heard…

Comments